The Charitable Gift Planners of Houston (formerly known as Planned Giving Council of Houston) exists to support the planned giving community by providing educational programming, professional development and networking opportunities. CGPH is comprised of more than 100 members engaged in philanthropy and charitable gift planning. Our members are development and advancement officers from the nonprofit sector and allied professionals including trust officers, financial planners, insurance consultants, attorneys and more.
CGPH is a partner council of the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners (CGP), the source for education, research and advocacy for professionals in the charitable gift planning field. CGP and Charitable Gift Planners of Houston collaborate to offer complementary benefits and resources for members. Together, we give members at all levels the knowledge and connections they need to thrive in their local communities, as well as the broader field of charitable giving.
We offer an individual membership, which is renewed each year on your anniversary date. All members of CGPH become members of the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners.
Annual Membership to CGPH and CGP= $330
Networking & Resources:
- Get answers to specific on-the-job questions from hundreds of your peers in the GiFT-PL listserv or shared interest groups (SIGs) on LinkedIn.
- Find samples and models in the resource library.
- Search the archive of hundreds of papers from past conferences and articles from The Journal of Gift Planning.
- Browse and apply for positions in the Career Center.
- Save up to 20% on gift planning publications.
- Access demographic and salary data, trends and best practices in charitable gift planning and other topics uniquely available to CGP members.
- Save NCPP registration.
- Discounts on any NCPP session slidecasts and speaker papers.
- 20% Off CFRE Exam and Re-Certification Fees.
- Have a voice in Washington and keep up-to-date on issues affecting the gift planning profession and nonprofit sector.
- Participate in regular advocacy calls and webinars to stay informed on the issues.
Who Should Be a Member?
|Non-Profit Sector Members
|Allied Professional Members
HOW TO JOIN
- To join, please visit www.charitablegiftplanners.org and click “Join/Renew” under the Join menu.
- Be sure the first box, “Individual National Membership” is checked.
- Then locate our council, organized alphabetically by state, and check the box.
- You will then fill out your membership information.
- If you are joining you will need to create a username. If you are renewing you will need to log in with your username and password previously created.
- Please keep this username and password for access to your National member benefits and future renewals.
- All members must renew/join online via the www.charitablegiftplanners.org website.
- You may choose to pay with a credit card or check. If you need assistance, please call the National office at (317) 269-6274 or by email at email@example.com.
Please contact Rhonda Patterson at 713-839-0808 or CGPHstaff@gmail.com